Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Poem: Four Things That I lost

Four Things That I Lost

Each night I must slip to fully forget
Quaint justification of a mind I regret

In accordance with all - these things I suppose
Unless you count twice - the opinions of those

Ones that do mumble with whispering fear
Diabolical voices no one else seems to hear

Toss in a salad with dancing like dreams
Bring in the bitters with color like streams

Images of movements that sleep on a cot
Ones that wake up when I’m late on my shot

Give me my memories from when I was sane
I’m sick of this world that brittles my brain

Give me a moment to relax and define
Time for a medicine to reclaim what is mine

Things that I own and the space which I walk
The tone of my tenor and the manner I talk

All these odd words I babble and speak
Bring me a cure for this discomfort I leak

A comfort that comes from a sensible life
Like a house and a job and a child and wife

Copyright October 2010 Gary Pilarchik

No comments:

Post a Comment